To DECT Forum member companies proposing a candidate for the role of Chairman of the Technical Committee for DECT in ETSI.
The following functions including travel costs should be fulfilled for a subsidy of 15,000 Euro p/annum, provided by the DECT Forum.
TC DECT Chairman Tasks:
Specific responsibilities are:
• Preparation and chairing of the TC DECT face-to-face meetings and of
DECT telephone conferences
• Participation in relevant ETSI OCG and Board meetings
• Production of the ETSI management reports
• Giving presentations to the ETSI Board
• Providing DECT input to relevant ETSI publications, e.g. the annual reports
• Preparation of STF requests and participation in STF review meetings
In addition to the above, DECT Forum would expect fulfillment of the following tasks:
• Coordinate alignment between DECT Forum and ETSI TC DECT toward common industry goals - in particular:
o Quarterly TC DECT Status Update to DECT Forum including report and telephone conference
o Technical liaison with DECT Forum on Regulatory working group
o Support Liaison between ETSI, FCC and ANSI as well as other regional regulators to channel DECT related standards into all regions
• Pre-alignment between TC DECT and DECT Forum with respect to the choice of STFs and strategic direction of TC DECT.
To this end DECT Forum expects the following:
o Flagging relevant decisions in quarterly reports
o Timely summary of minutes of quarterly TC DECT STF meetings, key take-aways, actions to get to next milestone
o Notification of relevant ETSI events, conferences, meetings
Any other activities typically carried out by the TC DECT chairman are also included.
Business Development Director
General Assembly 2017
February 8, 2017 (10am CET)
For more information please contact: