ETSI TC DECT Chairman Subsidy
Wednesday 01 November 2017
To DECT Forum member companies proposing a candidate for the role of Chairman of the Technical Committee for DECT in ETSI.
The following functions including travel costs should be fulfilled for a subsidy of 15,000 Euro p/annum, provided by the DECT Forum.
TC DECT Chairman Tasks:
Specific responsibilities are:
• Preparation and chairing of the TC DECT face-to-face meetings and of
DECT telephone conferences
• Participation in relevant ETSI OCG and Board meetings
• Production of the ETSI management reports
• Giving presentations to the ETSI Board
• Providing DECT input to relevant ETSI publications, e.g. the annual reports
• Preparation of STF requests and participation in STF review meetings
In addition to the above, DECT Forum would expect fulfillment of the following tasks:
• Coordinate alignment between DECT Forum and ETSI TC DECT toward common industry goals - in particular:
o Quarterly TC DECT Status Update to DECT Forum including report and telephone conference
o Technical liaison with DECT Forum on Regulatory working group
o Support Liaison between ETSI, FCC and ANSI as well as other regional regulators to channel DECT related standards into all regions
• Pre-alignment between TC DECT and DECT Forum with respect to the choice of STFs and strategic direction of TC DECT.
To this end DECT Forum expects the following:
o Flagging relevant decisions in quarterly reports
o Timely summary of minutes of quarterly TC DECT STF meetings, key take-aways, actions to get to next milestone
o Notification of relevant ETSI events, conferences, meetings
Any other activities typically carried out by the TC DECT chairman are also included.
Business Development Director